יום שלישי, 17 בספטמבר 2013

To Be Caught Red-Handed

To be caught red-handed is one of the most stressful things there is. You just freeze on the spot, having nothing to say to defend yourself. I got caught red-handed once, while I was working last year.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I had been working at "Cinema City" as a seller(ww.) in the popcorn stand. I was on a night shift when my friends came to see a movie. I saw them in the line(ww.) and told them to come to my cashbox stand. I gave them free popcorn, drinks and chocolate, which I was not allowed to do. Without knowing, my supervisor was watching. I smiled as they went away. 10 minutes after they were gone, along with all the other people who needed to buy snacks for the movie, my supervisor called me to the manager's office. The manager asked if there is(gr.) something I want(gr.) to confess about. Although I knew what he was talking about, I replied innocently "No". My supervisor told(ww.) he saw me giving away free popcorn. I had nothing to say. I felt a pinch in my heart, and my stomach flipped. I got fired.

On my way home, feeling ashamed of myself, I started thinking of what I had done and what it had cost me. I learned 2 important lessons that day. The first one is – never break your work place's rules. It was a stupid thing to do and I lost my job because of it. The second lesson is – don't lie after you get caught. Chances are your boss already knows what you have done and wants to give you a chance to confess about it. Who knows, maybe if I wouldn't have lied(gr.) I could have just got a warning. Well, at least my friends had fun that night.

Very good story and nicely written. Your grade remains the same.
(94)
Daphna

אין תגובות:

הוסף רשומת תגובה